Friday, December 16, 2011

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (129 min)
Directed by: Guy Ritchie
Written by: Muchele Mulroney and Kieran Mulroney

Plot:
Sherlock Holmes and his sidekick Dr. Watson join forces to outwit and bring down their fiercest adversary, Professor Moriarty.

Review:
I am not going to lie, when the first Sherlock Holmes film came out, I was not that big of a fan. I mean the film was entertaining but it was just okay and I thought something was missing. Well, this time around Guy Ritchie must have found that something, and put that something into A Game of Shadows, because this film rocked. It was well paced, witty, funny, smart, great action and one of the most untraditional, traditional Hollywood endings, if you follow my logic.

Well, I hope you can follow that logic because if you can’t, your in trouble because my only quarrel with Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows is that it can be hard to follow at times. There is so much going on and Sherlock is such an intelligent character that when he battles wits against Professor James Moriarty, you now have two characters that are super geniuses working against one other. Although this film really demands your full attention, it is fun to be inside the minds of both of these characters.

What makes this franchise so great is the bromance between Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. I think the chemistry between the two of them is one of the strongest duos on the big screen. Downey Jr. gives a manic on the verge of psychotic performance and he makes a heroic and comedic action hero. The action scenes were fantastic, as Ritchie takes Sherlock’s logic and slows down the action again. This time around, he used this trick more often, which I thought was great. If you have scene the trailer, then get ready for the great slow motion action through the woods, because it is a wild ride.

I am happy to say this is a sequel that was better than the first, as this rarely happens. If you want to go see a fun, smart movie around the holidays then Sherlock Holmes is for you. 

Rating: 8.5/10
Please support my review by clicking on an ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment